One of the fastest and simplest forms of rummy, each game of point’s rummy lasts for one deal only,that is, the winner of the game is decided in a single deal. After the completion of each game, the winner gets the chips of the opponents, depending on the point value and full count.
You can pick from Joker and No Joker Game Types. The number of players can be 2 to 6 and bet value can be low, medium or high.
About Points Rummy:
- Once the buying in process has been completed by the player, he/she gets seated at a particular table, following which one face up card is randomly distributed to each of the players seated at the table.
- The player who gets the highest value card will be allotted the dealer button and the player seated next to the dealer will be the one who gets to start the game of rummy. Once the dealer button has been decided after the process of High Carding (process of random allotment of the cards in a face up manner), 13 cards get randomly distributed amongst the players at the table. These 13 random cards are the cards with which the player has to play that particular round of point’s rummy.Once 13 cards are distributed to each player seated at the table, the remaining cards are placed in the closed deck on the game table.Once the closed deck is placed on the table, the topmost card from the deck is placed face up on the open deck and can be seen by all the players at the table.The process that follows is the random selection of a card from the closed deck. Once a card is selected, it gets placed in the joker slot below the closed deck cards. This particular card is considered the wild card joker for that particular game and deal.
Note: If the card taken out randomly of a closed deck turns out to be a printed joker then the ace of any suit becomes the wild card joker for that particular deal.
- When players get their turn to play, they have the option of picking up a card from the open deck or closed deck, as per their judgment.
- Once a player selects his card, he has to discard one card from his existing set of cards which is then placed in the open deck slot.
- In order to finish a particular game, the player needs to place his/her discarded card in the finish slot or select the card to be discarded and click on finish button. This process ensures that the player has finished his game and is now ready for the calculation of the points as per his declare.
Difference between “No Joker” & “Joker” Rummy Game:
There is no major difference between these two variations; the game play remains the same, the only difference lies in the use of joker card. In “Joker” game, printed Joker card along with the other wild cards being selected by the game play acts like the joker, while in a “No Joker” game, only the printed joker card is used as the joker.
Silkrummy.com provides Indian Classic Rummy lovers an opportunity to play rummy online with their rummy in the form of both cash rummy games and classic rummy games.